INDIANAPOLIS – August 1 – Now Available at Visit Indiana’s New Indiana State Fair Location – However, They Will Be Available Online Also
Farm-based and local tastes. That’s the idea behind culinary tourism and agritourism. The Indiana Office of Tourism Development (IOTD) will be highlighting this initiative at the 2017 Indiana State Fair.
“The vision is to make Indiana the center for culinary and agritourism best practices and a destination for unmatched food and farm-based experiences,” said IOTD’s Executive Director, Mark Newman. “It’s about bringing authentic local flavor experiences and working landscape experiences to consumers.”
Visitors to the Indiana State Fair will find the Visit Indiana booth in a new location, inside the Beer, Wine, and Spirits building. There will be music and entertainment, a seating area, as well as samplings from Hoosier vintners or brewers.
At the Visit Indiana booth, visitors can pick up a new Indiana agritourism guide and Indiana brewery and winery guide.
The agritourism guide includes U-picks, farm markets, orchards, farm tours, and other activities that bring the general public to the farm for agricultural experiences.
Indiana has more than 200 wineries, microbreweries, and distilleries. Whether you prefer red or white, a dark or pale ale, you can plan a tasting tour with the new Visit Indiana brewery and winery guide.
Both guides are available at the Visit Indiana Beer, Wine, and Spirits Building, and will be available online at VisitIndiana.com, under the Agritourism tab, after the state fair.
As fairgoers celebrate the “Wonderful World of Food,” the theme of this year’s fair, Visit Indiana and the Indiana Foodways Alliance are teaming up for culinary gift card giveaways. All you need to do is sign up at the Visit Indiana booth.
- August 4th – Overnight stay in “jail” and wine tasting for 2 at the Old Jail Inn Parke County – Drunk Tank – Rockville
- August 5th- Marshmallow making class from 240sweet – Columbus
- August 6th- Igloo Frozen Custard gift package, 4 Wolf Park passes, and Lafayette/West Lafayette promotional items valued at $85
- August 7th- $50 gift card from Sharlette’s Fudgery and Candies – Portland
- August 8th – $25 gift card from Charlie’s Carmel Corn & Candy Shop – Vincennes
- August 9th- Wine Tasting for 4 Madison County Winery – Markleville
- August 10th- Arni’s Restaurant gift package, 4 Wolf Park passes, and Lafayette/West Lafayettepromotional items valued at $70
- August 11th- Wick’s Pies factory tour for 4 and lunch at Mrs. Wick’s Restaurant – Winchester
- August 12th- Marshmallow making class from 240sweet – Columbus
- August 13th- Igloo Frozen Custard gift package 4 Wolf Park passes, and Lafayette/West Lafayette promotional items valued at $85
- August 14th- $50 gift card from Gaither Family Resources – Alexandria
- August 15th- Triple XXX Family Restaurant gift package, 4 Wolf Park passes, and Lafayette/West Lafayette promotional items valued at $115
- August 16th- Private After Hours Tour and Tasting for a party of 10 guests at Wildcat Creek Winery in Lafayette, plus other Lafayette/West Lafayette promotional items valued at $175
- August 17th- $50 gift card from Good’s Candy Shop – Anderson
- August 18th- Blue Gate Restaurant & Theatre – Shipshewana
- August 19th- Wine Tasting for 4 Madison County Winery – Markleville
- August 20th- Marshmallow making class from 240sweet – Columbus
If you’re a prize winner, a gift card or certificate will be mailed to you.
Share your experience with us on social media @VisitIndiana #H2GIndiana @IndianaFoodways
The Indiana State Fair runs August 4-20.