AVILLA – Saturday, May 19th for In-Town Residents Only
Items need to be at the curb by 6:00 a.m. Noble County Disposal will be picking up items. They will continue until all items
are hauled and will make one trip down your street and will not pick up in the alleys. They will not backtrack for anyone who does not have their items out in time. Questionable piles or items will be left behind.
Please do not put items at the curb more than one (1) week before clean-up day.
ITEMS THAT WILL BE PICKED UP
* Appliances without Freon – (washers, dryers, dishwashers, microwave ovens, water heaters, etc.)
* Lumber – maximum 4 ft. long pieces and bundled for ease of handling.
* Carpet – maximum 4 ft. long – rolled and tied.
* Burning barrels – 100 lbs or less – no hot materials.
* All electronics (computers, printers, televisions, VCRs, stereos, DVD players, etc.) will need to be brought to 212 E Fourth Street by the Avilla Water Plant, from 8:00 a.m. to noon. There will be a box truck and men to help load.
* Open paint cans if the paint is dry and lid is off.
* Other large items not normally taken during normal garbage collection.
* Roofing material will be accepted in small manageable amounts. Huge piles of material will be left behind.
* Appliances with Freon – (refrigerators, freezers, and dehumidifiers) must be prepaid and tagged or they will not be picked up. Tags are available at Avilla Town Hall for $70.00 each.
* Tires must be prepaid and tagged or they will not be picked up. Tags are available at Avilla Town Hall. Tires 16” and under without rims will cost $10.00 each and $15.00 each with rims. Tires 17” and larger without rims will cost $15.00 each and $20.00 with rims. Tractor tires are $20.00
ITEMS THAT WILL NOT BE PICKED UP
*Hazardous waste – (wet paint, oil, household cleaners, etc.)
* Yard waste – leaves, limbs, flowers, etc.
* Normal household trash
* Freon appliances or tires without tags
* Auto batteries
HAZARDOUS WASTE AND OTHER RECYCLABLES
From mid-April through mid-November, on Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to noon, residents can recycle the following items for a nominal fee at the Northeast Indiana Solid Waste Management District’s facility on State Road 4 east of Ashley, 260-587-3063 or 800-777-5462.
* Oil and all automotive fluids
* Oil-based and latex paints
* Aerosol cans
* Liquid and granular fertilizers
* Household batteries
* Various chemical
* Vehicle batteries, propane tanks, fluorescent bulbs, computers, televisions, and other electronic components.
* Paperback and hardback books and used shoes can be recycled for free. Newspapers, cardboard, aluminum cans and plastic bottles can be dropped off at the recycling bins at the Avilla Water Department at 212 E Fourth Street in Avilla.