KENDALLVILLE – Impact Institute is celebrating National Adult Education Week to raise public awareness about the resources available to adults with low literacy skills. Impact offers free High School Equivalency (HSE) classes, High School Equivalent Testing, Adult Education Literacy, English Language Acquisition services, preparation for post-secondary education, and more in six counties across Northeast Indiana: Noble, LaGrange, DeKalb, Steuben, Whitley, and Huntington.
Impact Institute would like to share a couple of interesting facts about Adult Education in the state of Indiana:
- Did you know Indiana Adult Education enrolls more students annually than Ball State University? Last year close to 25,000 students were enrolled in adult education in Indiana.
- Did you know more than 22,000 Hoosiers received their High School Equivalency Diploma in the last four years? This is more than the capacity of Bankers Life Fieldhouse!
- Did you know Indiana Adult Education was ranked No. 1 in the nation last year in the number of students making a measurable skill gain? Two-thirds of Hoosier students achieved a two-grade level or more improvement in academic skills.
- Did you know Indiana Adult Education also helps Hoosiers obtain post-secondary certifications? Approximately 2,700 industry-recognized certifications leading to jobs in demand in Indiana were issued last year.
- Did you know Indiana Adult Education is a bargain with a cost per enrollment under $1,000?